View Single Post
Old 06-29-21, 03:21 PM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked 2,097 Times in 1,314 Posts
I planned to stop at Brest and sleep at a hotel in 2019 but I could not find the hotel. I planned to be there around 8 pm on Monday but due to excessive sleeping and excessive diarrhea, I was wandering around at 11 pm. Finally, I said, " fork it" and went to the control and ate. Went to the dorms and told the wait was hours. I laid down on the cold , empty floor and shivered violently. The Dorm Officer asked if I was ok, I said I am fine, just old (in french). He laughed his ass off. Two minutes later, he ******* me to a warm dorm room with four beds with an extra wool blanket. I asked for a 6:30 wake up. Shower was fine. I planned to ride back to start but had to sleep in Loudiac. Then, I got to Tintineac at like 7 pm Tuesday but could not keep my eyes open. So, I was the sole occupier of the wonderful dorm. I slept til 3 am and then tried to fix my bike, it would not shift to the small ring. (bottom bracket hosed with 5-8 mm play). Best part was seeing my Martha's Vineyard velomobile mate roll in and chatting with Bill. A highlight of the tour for sure. And then into the 38F dark and cold night, awaiting the dawn.

Last edited by GhostRider62; 06-29-21 at 03:30 PM.
Likes For GhostRider62: