Old 10-28-21, 07:41 AM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7653 Post(s)
Liked 3,485 Times in 1,840 Posts
Originally Posted by psystemupdate
it was asked "when would you do that?"

have you ever come up on a right turning road and just after the turn is a complete blind spot for any cars that could usually come flying up from behind you? This is one instance where i go to the opposite side and stay there if i can see ahead and its all clear...why should i get a ticket for being smart? Laws are made by people who haven't caught up.
Yeah .... I love to ride winding, hilly roads which are replete with blind spots. When I know cars coming up cannot see me I stay well to the right because no matter what you imagine, the car does not Instantly appear right on your tail. There is enough time for the car (particularly if the driver is not startled by a rider coming head-on at him, but instead riding normally) to slide over a few feet. (See above comments on "closing speed.")

I Never take the lane over a hill or after a sharp curve .... because I am not stupid.

I have been riding in traffic for more than five decades. I am pretty sure since I am still alive, that I am doing it right.

On the other hand, if you examine cycling fatalities, a good number involve riders on the wrong side of the road. I have to think they were doing it somewhat less right.

I don't want to suggest that your preferred residence might be under a bridge or anything .... but let us note that your other thread is a complaint about Drivers doing stupid things ........
Likes For Maelochs: