View Single Post
Old 12-20-22, 03:29 PM
repechage

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3464 Post(s)
Liked 2,834 Times in 1,998 Posts
Originally Posted by VRJAKE
Interesting points. The condition of the paint is worse than shown in pics, looks good from 20 feet... Have fully disassembled it. Drivetrain has thick grime and I like a very clean ride, a bit OCD on that. But hear you on preserving the patina. The paint under the front derailleur clamp looks great, but not faded like the rest of the frame, I'll thoroughly but gently clean it so the layer of grime is removed, but will test polish inconspicuous areas to see what happens. Some areas are faded, not sure if from sun, sweat, wear, I don't think there is a clear coat on this era of Colnago.

Understand I can do what I want with it, but just looking for different perspectives, some fun discussion and debate.

Clean calipers, but GS, not Record. HS is super smooth, though some chrome has flaked off.

BB Shell is caked with grime. Cranks and Phil BB came out easily, as did all the components.

Derailleur is caked with grime inside the parallelogram and around the jockey wheels. Dropout screws came out easily!
clearcoat was variable. Some did, some did not. Best check is at the chrome fork crown