Old 03-22-22, 06:27 AM
MHunter91

Bikes: Mountain Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
maintenance and a bit of tweaking with the gears

a while back i noticed my new bike had issues when downshifting from a lower gear ratio and sometimes even now (my bike has 3 front gears and 7 at the back) when im on my highest at the front most of its smooth but shifting down, sometimes it wouldnt shift till i shifted again then it'd shift all the way down to what i jus put it to, so i went to the place i bought it at and gave it to them, their solution?! lock up my 7th gear!!!! they pulled the shift wire thing i think and made it tighter but also made it so i cant shift to my highest gear, (when im on gear one the shifter is on 2 so when i got to 7 its at 6) i want to try and fix it but want advice first,
also, recently ive noticed that my front wheel is.... loose? kinda, it came loose while i was on the way to a class and i was able to ride it till i got there and then tighten it (it has a crank thing on the wheel so u can adjust it on the go) but recently ive noticed that theres kinda a pop to the tire, when its not in contact with the ground i notice it pops out towards the ground ( not too much but i notice the pop when i move from a pavement to the road, i can feel the wheel going down then popping back in once it makes contact, it might be that i need to oil my front shocks, but i notice it when i take my bike out of my house( i have to carry it out of the front steps cause the gate narrow af) im jus wondering what to check and if there are any possible fixes ( i cant post a pic cause i dont have 10 posts yet)
now finally!!!!! i think my bearing in my pedals are wearing out, cause sometimes when im going at a high gear i feel a pop from the pedals each time i do a full rotation, it feels kinda like a clock, like a tick tock kinda thing, is it my bearing? if so whats a good replacement, i would go to my bike shop, but they might give me another low quality one that wears out fast (each road to my house is an uphill so the bearings go under a lot of stress, so i prolly need something with high durability)
edit: i wasnt able to post cause of the 24 hour limit but i was able to get my rear derauiler model and understand one problem now
its the shimano tourney tz RD-TZ500-GS
they put a 6 speed derauiler on a 7 speed cassette

Last edited by MHunter91; 03-24-22 at 08:32 AM.