Old 10-07-22, 07:04 AM
Sorin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Charles Wahl
Nice job on the cleaning.
I'm just reacting to photos not taken for the purpose, but: you might want to have someone who knows spindles look at that one (and the BB cups too). When they get a bearing ball track worn into them, then it's either really smooth and consistent all the way 'round (OK) or not. If not, then the BB will be hard to adjust, and turn roughly -- and eventually will have to be replaced.

Also, it's just me, but whenever I have something apart that hasn't been apart for awhile, I just replace all the bearing balls, no questions asked. They're cheap, and it doesn't cost much to keep a stock of G5 (high precision) balls in the requisite sizes.
Thank you for your imput Charles!
Bearing balls track is smooth , nothing worn...just normal wearing from a 47 years old byke . Some worns on that bb are visible in the photo, but they are not in contact with bb cups or any other parts who is spinning. Even before dismantle bb was spinning like butter. I have signs on the wheel cones...but not any identation who might affect spinnings. I bet any vintage NOS parts can be worst than i have. . About berring balls you might be right, i might replace them all if i find good quality ones and right measures. Long time before assembly.