Old 12-06-22, 01:09 AM
Drillium Dude 
Banned.

Mentioned: 255 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2588 Post(s)
Liked 4,824 Times in 1,709 Posts
Originally Posted by 79pmooney
I rode Cycle Oregon on the 28c Corsa G+ tubs. What a ride! And yes, quality tires! Haven't felt that level of confidence downhill on roads I'd never seen before in many years! No 25 yo testosterone levels needed. I found two goatheads at rest stops. First was a pump and ride 3+ miles slow leak. Second I saw before I took off. I had the mechanics put an ounce of their Bontranger sealant in and both tires have been issue free since.

I love that ribbed thread. I rode many ribbed thread training/club race ribbed treads back in my racing days and the decade after. Took that tread completely for granted. Then it disappeared for decades. Vittoria brought it back on the Corsas. First ribbed tread ride back, I had to ride off the pavement edge on a two lane county road to allow a 70 mph passing Camaro to go by. Got handed the choice of riding into a ditch or climbing back onto the pavement in sand. I choose the pavement, The tires just climbed up through the sand, no big deal. Thank you, thank you, thank you! (and "oh yeah,that ribbed tread always was the best for climbing out of cracks, ruts ... They went a long ways to making those skinny tires ride-able on not very good New England roads.)
This is good news - in particular, the praises sung regarding the ribbed portion of the tread. Hand on heart, I was never a fan of the look, particularly the straight-up Corsas with grooves across the entire width. But this one, with the herringbone tread edges, is a nice mixture of the two. The channels have me wondering if they'll be magnets for little pieces to get stuck in, so at the conclusion of each ride I'll religiously look closely at this feature. Hearing your experience with the tread has me looking forward to the ride, and I'm going to run without sealant until the same happens to me, then give it a go since you've proved that to be an option. Plus, I have a free spare to pop on in any case

But, really, the main takeaway in handling/mounting them was that they are very well-made, and although they don't seem to weigh all that much, they feel substantial. Does that make sense?

DD
Likes For Drillium Dude: