Old 05-24-19, 07:38 AM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Little big of a "sad trombone" sound for yesterday. Took both the TT bike and roadie out. Planned to do some Chung virtual elevation testing before the group ride while getting in some tempo/SS.

I totally had bungled the install of my Speedplays. I had overtorqued them and didn't lube the cleat. Meaning, it was near impossible to get into them. I farted with loosening the base a touch and didn't have lube with me (I run waxed chains).

I didn't have a pedal wrench either to swap the SPD-SL's over and run those shoes. Danggggit!!!!!!!!

So, wasted an hour.

Group ride was slow as balls. I need to swap from Thursday nights to Tuesdays I guess. Nobody wanted to work. I led the group outbound and was pulling at only like 250 to 270w through some rollers and folks were complaining. Only two of us out of maybe 10 were pulling worth a ****. We were at maybe 250w up a little roller and look back after a minute and see a gap. Just the two of us up there.

I wish the in-town group had a better option. The best work option is a haul out of town like 40min each way.

So, I got off front and told them to set the pace. Once we had a few hills back in town I just dropped the group and waited at the top of each one with another person or so.

Today, I was smarter and packed the SPD-SL pedals/shoes and a wrench in case I can't get the Speedplays sorted for my lunch spin.
Likes For burnthesheep: