View Single Post
Old 08-04-22, 09:48 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4357 Post(s)
Liked 3,995 Times in 2,666 Posts
Custom Rando Bag recommendations

So first off I have a lovely Swift Industries Rando bag that I love it is an older model they did call "ozette" but have changed the name of due to being culturally sensitive which is rad. I have reached out to them already to commission another one for a specific bike with a specific rack and they are unable to do it which sucks big time because they did great work like really great work, like I highly recommend them 110%! My issue is I need some different sizing on it that is different from most standard rando bags and have some requests as it is not going on say a Nitto M12 or similar but a wider rack.

So far I am looking at Dill Pickle Gear (I do love pickles) and Atwater out of Canadia but wondering if there is someone else I should look at. Obviously don't want leather and need more on the custom side as after using my SI rando bag on this bike I know what has worked and what needs improvement so an off the peg bag is not going to cut it. Also do prefer someone who is willing to sew patches on it. The nifty Swiftys did it on my other bag and I was so happy but would want the same on the new bag. Really I want a Swift bag again but I asked and they are a single person sewing operation so I can understand not wanting to take on my "beeping throbbing vision" (stole that from the Electrical Audio forum years and years ago about why Steve Albini doesn't use ProTools) but damn they make a good bag.

If nothing else I can live with what I have, I have so many damn bags and really don't need more and feel like bags are my new bike N+1. Sorry for rambling had a couple delicious boozy southern drinks of some sort with peach and lemonade and a black berry something in it and I am feeling all right ; )