Thread: Kickstand
View Single Post
Old 03-15-23, 09:00 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4359 Post(s)
Liked 3,999 Times in 2,668 Posts
The only bike I would run a kickstand on is a bike heavy enough to need it and generally something with racks and fenders that I might be loading often. My e-bike has a kickstand and that is it. It is very rare on any of my other bikes would i need a kickstand and it is just weight, something else to go wrong and a poor design. The rear mounted two bolt kickstands are great but typically only found on e-bikes and Scott for a while had a kickstand for their SUB bikes which was mid mount but was two bolt and cleanly tucked into the frame so it wasn't just a loose flopper.

Greenfield in the end makes a decent quality product but the 1 bolt design is just terrible and it is not their fault nor any other kickstand brand it is just the way things ended up instead of saying hey let's standardize two bolts and charge an extra $1 and make it easy for everyone.