Old 05-31-19, 01:07 PM
TMonk
Not actually Tmonk

Bikes: road, track, mtb

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2635 Post(s)
Liked 3,149 Times in 1,657 Posts
Doubled up on my training yesterday, TTT work in the morning (2x16' at pace with some warmup and cooldown), then a 3x20' madison session at the track in the evening. First two tempo, last one hot with my and a different team taking laps on the moto pacing slower riders at 25 MPH. That's a lot of over under work!

I headed out this morning on the road bike, intending on a couple moderate z4 efforts and one VO2 max to make sure the bottom end (threshold) stays high. Legs understandably sore during my rollout, warmed up a bunch and was OK mentally with sticking to SST. Ended up setting a PR (13:20) up Mt. Soledad without really trying, huge negative split on power. Then a 320w 10' a Fiesta, and a respectable 3' at 120% up Linda Vista road. Nice!!!

I'm thinking if I focus on riding the TT bike exclusively next week, I'll actually be able to contribute to the TTT state champs team next weekend. I'm the newbie and weak link here. I'm thinking short pulls in the first half, then extending in the second half if I feel OK.

I haven't checked the competition, but the three other guys on my team (including @wktmeow) are seriously good time trialists. Kev has the 40k course record on Fiesta Island.

Maybe we can bring home some hardware!!!!

Last edited by TMonk; 05-31-19 at 01:11 PM.