View Single Post
Old 07-31-21, 10:43 AM
zybez

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Clythio
Pure peak power doesn't matter, but 5, 10, 20 sec power much more.
Yes, it's trainable and considering you're a newbie on track/sprint thing, and brought pure strength up as described, your peak, and 5, 10 sec, should come up considerably.
I can't get any reason for you not seeing improvements on short period power, but sometimes if you aren't fresh, peak power doesn't show at all.
What about time on real track for short efforts like first lap from standing starts, and flying 100m time and max speed?
I'm addicted to data (powermeters on all bikes since 2006, including track bikes) but the real gauge is the track.
Thanks for the reply, makes sense actually as i haven't tested anything over 3 seconds for a while as i've been hooked on peak power. I will see if my 6 second power has improved soon. Haven't been on the track for ages now as my nearest one is still closed due to covid...which has made my addiction to data worse lol. But yes you are right, times on the track should be my main focus, cheers. Out of curiosity, do you know how much your peak power has increased since starting? (unless you started as a child). I just find it weird how an untrained adult could more than double their strength with training but they wouldn't be able to double their peak power with training, imo.