View Single Post
Old 01-30-23, 04:26 PM
oldwinger14

Bikes: 2022 Pinarello Paris Di2, 2016 Orbea Avant Ultegra mounted on a Wahoo Kickr Core

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked 123 Times in 75 Posts
[QUOTE=waters60;22785551]
Originally Posted by oldwinger14
Have you looked at Pinarello’s new Paris? Last Summer, I was considering buying a Prince and tried both. I found the Paris much more suitable to me. Like the original poster, I am a recreational rider, i.e. no races.

The Paris replaced a Cannondale Synapse which I liked and had updated with Ultegra Di2. I had the Di2 components swapped over to my Paris and couldn’t be happier.

How would you describe the difference between the Synapse and the Paris? I bought a 2018 Synapse with Ultegra Di2. It was a very nice bike but seemed to lack responsiveness. In 2020 I bought a Super Six and swapped over the Di2. After 26 years on a Merckx Century and a brief interlude on the Synapse the Super Six is a lot of fun. Handles more responsively. How would you describe the Paris’ handling vs. the Synapse?
The geometry of the two bikes is very similar and I did not notice a huge difference riding the Paris compared to ridng the Synapse as far as overall comfort was concerned.

With that said, and what little experience I have since I bought the Paris at the end of the summer, the Paris seems to be a much more responsive in both steering and overall handling compared to the Synapse. The synapse, though, is a very good bike and I enjoyed it when I owned it.