Old 07-29-21, 07:54 PM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3153 Post(s)
Liked 1,717 Times in 1,036 Posts
Originally Posted by njkayaker
The point of using the Karoo as a phone is so you don't need to carry your regular phone (obviously).
Not necessarily. The point could simply be to not have to pull the actual phone out.

As with the Apple Watch which can place and receive calls while connected to the iPhone, obviating the need to handle the phone, I can see the same functionality being handy in a cyclocomputer.

Relatedly, an Apple Watch can call over WiFi even without an iPhone if it connects to a wifi network which the iPhone connected to previously and if the cell carrier service supports wifi calling. I can do this from my iPad and laptop as well, as ifi alling s suppored by Verizon. It’s handy if I take off to the cafe wthout my iPhone, but the use-case for a cyclocomputer is less obvious.
Likes For chaadster: