View Single Post
Old 02-10-22, 07:32 AM
scubadad

Bikes: Motobecane Omni Strada Sport, Land Gear MTB, 1988 Schwinn Impact

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 5 Posts
I'm 6' 1" and tip the scales at somewhere between 295-305, depending on that day's donut intake. I have to pass a full length mirror on my way out of the house when I go out for a ride, so I know what i look like in cycling clothes. I look like a poorly-drawn cartoon character. But I don't care. Once I'm out rolling, I'm pretty much "in the zone". Depending on where I'm riding, I'm either just enjoying the ride and being outside, or I'm concentrating on keeping the wheels rolling, and don't really pay attention to others' reactions. I will say that it's pretty rare (if ever, I honestly don't remember it ever happening) that anyone says anything negative to me for being a fat guy on a bike, most people are really pretty cool about it.
Sometimes in the beginning, walking past that mirror made me think "I should probably dress a little differently, I look ridiculous", but I got over that pretty quick. In the end, the benefits of riding and the euphoric feeling that sticks with me for hours after a ride far outweighs (see what I did there?) the risk of someone laughing at me.
Do what's good for you. Enjoy the ride!

Last edited by scubadad; 02-10-22 at 07:54 AM.
Likes For scubadad: