View Single Post
Old 05-31-22, 01:45 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10444 Post(s)
Liked 11,923 Times in 6,105 Posts
Originally Posted by MoAlpha
Anyone who has taken an old style antihistamine like Benadryl or any motion sickness prevention medication, for instance, has experience with anticholinergic drugs.
A fair number of people find that Benadryl is an effective mild anxiolytic. I myself have used it occasionally, and it seems to work like Baby Xanax - it turns off the squirrel running in the cage without stopping thinking altogether, whereas Xanax felt more like shutting everything down. I remember once, I caught a hint of a coming BIG reversal at a previous company, and I was working myself up to a panic attack, and took a Xanax, then went out with Mrs. GJ for a walk around the block. At first I was so wired that I had to keep stopping for her to catch up. Then it was like someone threw a blanket over my mind, and the anxieties and unhappy thoughts winked out one by one. By the end of the walk, Mrs. GJ had to keep stopping for me to catch up.

It was such a comforting feeling having no anxieties that it scared the hell out of me. I could see how people find the oblivion of some drugs addictive.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles