View Single Post
Old 05-21-21, 10:06 AM
tough_boots

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Lazyass
No way I could ride like that unless it was a very slow one miler haha. I've never even seen anyone with drop bars ride with their hands on the tops the whole time.
We likely ride very differently. I’m doing all urban riding. I rode a fair amount up until five or six years ago. Now I’m getting back into it— my office is moving at the end of summer and I’ll be able to bike commute so I’ll be doing about 10 miles total daily but imagine I’ll sneak in some longer weekend rides.

I’m slowly but surely turning the old geared bike that killed my love of cycling into a bike that works for me. I finished the single speed conversion a couple months ago. I just put a C17 saddle on it— that was a major help. Now if I can get the rusted handlebar bolt to come loose, I’ll be very happy.

With the new saddle positioned correctly and if I can adjust the dropbars, maybe I won’t need to switch handlebars but I’m not holding my breath. I had back surgery ten years ago and the remaining issues the doctor said would likely become a problem some day are floating to the surface— add the family arthritis and welcome to your 40’s!