Old 12-31-21, 12:05 PM
Doug Fattic 
framebuilder

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 615 Post(s)
Liked 1,916 Times in 656 Posts
Originally Posted by sd5782
Thanks for the offer, and I may take you up on. I wouldn’t ever have enough bikes to invest in spray equipment, but learning would be of great interest.
The principles of painting are the same whether I am using my expensive equipment or you are spraying outside with a rattle can. So any knowledge you get is transferable. Also it is possible to set yourself up with an inexpensive spray gun and compressor that would be a big improvement over rattle cans or brushing. Not knowing how is a huge barrier to getting started with a real spray gun. Once you see how it do it, you will probably want to go to that next stage.

My motives for inviting you aren't pure. Doing the wrenching and sandblasting on the matching pair of Super Sports would save me time and get them out of my way. Of course I'm sure Tom will eventually be able to do that for us so my salesmanship ability on you won't be the determining factor in getting money out of them so those guys on the Ukrainian Russian border can have a bicycle to get around. Non military motorized vehicles are not allowed on the roads. They get to choose between riding a bicycle or walking. Of course they can't afford either a car or gas to run it anyway.