canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4560 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
Originally Posted by Runinman72
Oil gets into the system faster, I think.
Yup, sublingual -- under the tongue -- offers the most rapid absorption. I can feel the effects within 5-10 minutes, about the same as other sublingual meds like the ondanstetron I took for awhile last year for nausea related to thyroid cancer. It turned out the CBD was more effective for me in reducing nausea and gagging while trying to swallow food or pills.

The oil is just a good carrier and part of one of the usual extraction processes. Some makers use CO2, others use alcohols.

Lots of experimenting goes into that. When I first tried Lazarus Naturals CBD oil a year ago it tasted fishy. Since then they've improved the flavor dramatically in response to customer feedback. Now it's among the more pleasant tasting CBDs. It's not just covered up with flavorings (although the chocolate mint is my favorite), but using better quality MCT, improved extraction and controlling the entire process from seed to finished product.

Lazarus and Sunsoil gel capsules have a bright, hempy odor (somewhat similar to hops, but the hemp odor and flavor is distinctively unique and familiar to anyone who's smelled marijuna), but with little or no flavor upon swallowing and digesting. The caps take longer to be effective, up to 2 hours. I'll take one just before a long ride so by the 30 mile mark when my usual neck and shoulder aches kick in the CBD is working. Gets me through 50-60 mile rides in reasonable comfort without side effects.