View Single Post
Old 08-22-20, 07:37 AM
balto charlie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked 156 Times in 99 Posts
Originally Posted by Happy Feet
Probably for the best this year. I saw some people touring along the Icefield Parkway but a lot of campgrounds and services are either closed or no vacancy. The smaller campgrounds were closed, the main site in Jasper (Whistlers) is closed due to renovations and the rest were only occupying at half capacity to limit/create social distancing. Lots of unknowns. Out of two weeks we could only reserve two nights ahead of time and awoke each morning not knowing if we would have a spot that night, hoping for cancellations.

I'm returning again in a week for another two week trip - this time taking my fatbike for mtbing and more dive gear along with the SUP. I'm doing the "vanlife" thing so I can just pullover in a rest stop if I can't get a site.
The vanlife, great way to travel. We usually spend a month or more out west every year since I retired. We tend to go more remote primitive camping, BLM or National forest lands in recent years then a B&B to clean up. Wish we had a 4x4 van like our old VW Syncro or Mitsubishi Delica. You can now buy the Delicas from JDM market, must be 25 years old. You're in Canada so you can get newer ones.