View Single Post
Old 07-23-21, 07:53 PM
steelbikeguy

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1829 Post(s)
Liked 3,377 Times in 1,581 Posts
this is the perfect thread for me, since I own a lot more vintage jerseys than vintage bikes!

Here is a shot of me in mid 70's Raleigh jersey, with my Raleigh International. I got the jersey from a friend, and the jersey is old enough to have pockets in the front in addition to the usual rear pockets. Photo credit to Mr. IAB.

Here is a shot of me (on the right) in a heavy jersey with the Olmo logo, and I'm riding my 1982 Olmo Competition. The Olmo has a bunch of pantographed Campy bits, which is a lot of fun. Photo credit to Mr. IAB.

Another shot of my and my International, but wearing a wool blend T.I.-Raleigh/McGregor jersey. I'm also wearing the Raleigh cap that I bought in the 70's.

Once more with the International, I'm wearing a Levi's/Raleigh/SRC jersey from the mid 80's. This is an early lycra-ish fabric that almost feels like a sheet of rubber. Not bad, but not as good in hot weather as modern fabrics. The SRC was a major US team at the time and based in Ames, Iowa where I was studying engineering at the time.

A shot of me on my Raleigh Team, but wearing a repro team jersey. The modern fabric and long zipper means that it is good in hot weather

Steve in Peoria