Thread: Cannondale Capo
View Single Post
Old 04-20-09, 03:45 PM
commutr4life
up hill both ways

Bikes: KHS Flight 600 (sold); Giant ATX 760 (stolen, then retreived!); Schwinn Tempo; Schwinn Breeze (on loan), Lemond Fillmore, Cannondale Capo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Cannondale Capo

I couldn't find a thread on the Capo so I'm starting one. I know the Capo has it's detractors so I'm perfectly prepared to get flamed.

I just bought one for $400 in pristine condition. It's the black and white one, totally stock. I'm iffy on the "look" and hate the marketing around this bike, but the ride is NICE and the bike, even stock, is LIGHT.

Anyway, I'm posting because everyone acknowledges the build on this bike is not worthy of the frame.
specs here http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/09/cusa/model-8PR1.html

I'd love to hear opinions on what replace the stock stuff with. I've only ridden it for a couple of short rides so far and the bars and saddle are going to be the first to go. Some reviewers complain about the wheels but they didn't stand out to me as particularly bad...thoughts? The crank-set is widely panned and that will be the next upgrade but I'm not sure what to put on there.

Other than that I'm trying to tone down the "aggro" look of the bike and change a lot of the white to all black (tape, saddle, cranks). I'm not made of money, but I want to make this bike sing...

Let me have it!