View Single Post
Old 05-04-22, 03:46 AM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3465 Post(s)
Liked 1,470 Times in 1,147 Posts
Originally Posted by GamblerGORD53
... it had a tensioner.
I luckily found him stopped and got pics. ...

That photo shows a rim brake bike, thus the rack does not have disc mounts. I suspect that the OP would rather use the disc mount on the frame for hub torque limit instead of the long torque arm used on the bike in the photo.

That however raises the point, we have not seen a photo of the OP's hub, do not know if it is a disc hub or rim brake hub, what it uses for torque limiter, shifting cables, etc.

If the OP has a rim brake hub and a disc brake frame, he has an expensive modification to make.

Mine is rim brake, I built it up nine years ago when rim brake was still common on new builds.

That is a cute little U lock in the photo, not locked to anything, only used to lock the wheel to the hub. Side note: When touring I use bolt on skewers instead of quick release, they use a 5mm allen wrench. I am assuming most thieves are opportunists and do not carry around a multi-tool. I do not use one of the locking skewers like a Pitliock, I am sure I would lose the key. To make sure I do not strand myself, I keep a spare 5mm allen wrench pack with my spare tubes.

Last edited by Tourist in MSN; 05-04-22 at 03:52 AM.