Old 02-25-14, 08:31 PM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by Soil_Sampler
sounds like Bont needs to make a custom rubber bumper?

have you tried Lake?

http://www.lakecycling.com/
It wasn't a bumper thing. The carbon never came into contact with the cement. It was like a structural thing or something. Maybe a bad batch of carbon?

I haven't tried Lake road shoes. Just MTB.

I like my Fizik and Giro shoes now. But, I really miss the Bont "Bathtub". It really does feel good on the up stroke.

Originally Posted by 8bits
I have the T-One for about a year and I've got to say that I love it. I used to use a Sidi Genius 5, it was fine but it doesn't come near the bont in terms of stiffness, comfort and tightness around the whole foot.

As for the sole, it seems very odd what happened to yours, I'm not a lightweight and I train 3x on weekdays on a path that I need to walk like 150 meters to get to, so these shoes do see a lot of pavement and the sole is intact, I'll upload some pics of them when I get home.
Did you heat them to mold it? Maybe it cooked more than it should and damaged the structure?
I've had Sidi Genius 5s and they are as stiff as house slippers

I kept them for a while after retiring them from being my main shoes. I'd put them on every now and then for casual rides where it was nice to have comfy shoes. But, the uppers stretched soooo much on up strokes that my foot rose off of the foot bed.