Old 08-07-20, 10:38 AM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Same lunch loop area in the cornfields and little rolling hills of country road with that higher CRR "whir" of the pavement. Warm, but not in the 90's yet. High humidity.

Today just dipped between upper Z2 and upper SS power for 20ish miles. 24mph avg. No HRM working, battery died. I could have gone a lot harder. Also, this was with road helmet, flappy Gaimon cookie jersey, and training wheels. Man, with full race kit I think a sub-hour 40k is in the cards. It was a fair route. A couple short rollers, oval shaped out-back loop. If I had to count cars and trucks help/hurt is about equal. But they always see you and pass you a lot slower than they fly by the other way. That one truck the other way.....man. Not unstable, just the effort to shove through his wind.

Last night I widened the pads up for my elbows a hair. No testing on aero yet, but it is more comfy so less tendency to move in a way to hurt aero. I also made a new GPS mount getting it perfect behind the hands and visible at a very small glance with just my eyes. No head movement necessary.