Old 01-14-21, 02:52 PM
Roadies_Rok

Bikes: Litespeed Arenberg Road Bike; Specialized Crossroads XC Pro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Saddle Position

Hi All, I unexpectedly bought 2 bikes last year. A Hybrid and a Road Bike. On both bikes the saddles were pretty much trashed and one saddle I knew from experience would not work for me so I replaced both saddles and am doing OK.

I have a Specialized Phenom Saddle on my Hybrid and a Specialized Riva on my Road Bike. Both saddles are 143mm. I put the saddles on my bikes in the order that I bought the bikes and had the saddles. The Phenom saddle on my Hybrid has a minimum of padding and the Riva saddle on my Road Bike has noticeable padding. Not tons of padding but noticeable. I am going to change the saddles around and switch the Phenom onto my Road Bike and the Riva onto my Hybrid and I want to try to get the fore and aft position as right as I can on the first try.

Is it better to measure from the handlebar to the nose of the saddle or is it better to measure from the handlebar to the part of the saddle where my sit bones rest? The saddles are different lengths and I am thinking if I measure handle bar to saddle nose that will make the location where my sit bones rest be off but I want to get input from the group here so what does everyone think? Comment, opinions, thoughts? Thanks everyone.