Old 11-29-22, 10:08 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10964 Post(s)
Liked 7,491 Times in 4,189 Posts
Originally Posted by msu2001la
I notice that Abby Mickey (who is also great) hosted the Nov 22 weekly CT podcast which is still titled "The Weekly Show with Caley Fretz" and has a picture of him on the title screen. I'm assuming CT will re-brand/re-title that podcast at some point. I don't understand why they didn't just pause it for a few weeks while they do that, and wonder how long that will continue.

Also Caley Fretz added a new "The Placeholder" podcast yesterday with Dave Rome and Dane Cash (Dane was laid off from CT back in May) - they talk about bike racing, nerd out about tools for a few minutes, etc. It's good, and feels basically the CT podcast under a different title. They suggest at the end that they'll probably make a website.

I don't really know how the business end of this stuff works, but it seems like Caley likely has a lot of connections and could probably wrangle some sponsors and figure out a way to row his own canoe for a while here.
Dave, Caley, James, and Mechanic Zach need to get back together for my entertainment. The Nerd Alert episodes where the 4 of them rip on industry trends and shake their fists at clouds are always my favorite. I have a lot of favorites, given how frequently they would complain.
Likes For mstateglfr: