View Single Post
Old 12-21-21, 12:44 PM
2_i 

Bikes: Trek 730 (quad), 720 & 830, Bike Friday NWT, Brompton M36R & M6R, Dahon HAT060 & HT060, ...

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Liked 336 Times in 251 Posts
Originally Posted by rumrunn6
I'm mostly in the woods but your situations are interesting. in my experience, in my area, a helmet light isn't any brighter than a car headlight. a biker is further away from you because they would be on the shoulder across 2 lanes of traffic, traveling in the same direction as cars. maybe I'm not understanding your situation
My situation is of dark mixed pedestrian bike paths or dark narrow streets. The problem is of the light being nearly as bright as for a car but elevated far off the ground. The rider would additionally rise the head when approaching and look at me. At this point I would lose capability of resolving anything on my side, have to slow down and pray that I do not run someone over or end up in a ditch. When you are in a car and someone blinds you with a high beam, you can give them the same medicine and they often react but on a bike you do not have such a recourse. I try to put the hand over my eyes.
Likes For 2_i: