ericcox
Trying to keep up

Bikes: Pinarello Prince, Orbea Onix, Ridley Fenix

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked 136 Times in 79 Posts
Originally Posted by burnthesheep
It got bad enough a couple times earlier in the ride with trying to get a faster rotation going that it would end after one rotation with dingleberries content with a chill 200w puller on the front.

Imagine the slow staredowns in real races with 1km to go where nobody wants to go. Imagine that with 15 other dudes at mile 15 of 30 of weeknight worlds. Somebody want to actually freaking ride?

I'm surprised the strongest dude who eventually got away at the end didn't put us out of our misery then and there. Maybe he didn't want to time trial alone for a half hour and preferred company. We're a training ride for that guy.
I have no strategy and really don't care about winning most of the time - I do races and group rides to push myself and will frequently find myself on the front because I find it to be more fun.*

*translation - I have no strategy, get bored and push the pace and or try to chase down the guy(s) off the front while their teammates sit on my wheel. I frequently don't do what you would call "win" but I sure do tire myself out and have fun. More laughing than yelling, though. I guess you could call me an accidental domestique.
Likes For ericcox: