View Single Post
Old 09-05-22, 03:27 PM
skinz0506

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Question about spokes

I have never rebuilt a wheel before. I purchased a Trek 7000 that was a secondary bike to the one I went to purchase. My guess was the seller wanted it out of his garage. It cost $10. The sellers said it had a bent wheel. The reason it had a bent rim was 4 spokes were broken. So, I purchased the bike thinking I could find a used wheel. I took it to the LBS and the mechanic said he would not replace the broken spokes. I said so no problem, "How much is it for the same wheel?" He could not find the original wheel but a differnt new wheel was $80. I truly wanted it to be the same wheel as the back. He suggested purchasing one used or rebuilt it myself. While there were not any used in the area or from my search online, I decided to rebuild the wheel. It would be a learning experience. The original wheel is a Matrix 550. The spokes are 14g and 295mm long. I know nothing about spokes and looking for help purchasing the fore mentioned size spokes.Something not to expensive but quality. Do any of you know of brands that would fit the above and places where they can be purchased? I am having problems uploading pictures of the 7000, sorry. Thank you in advance for any information.
Likes For skinz0506: