Old 09-14-22, 07:20 PM
molleraj

Bikes: 1993 (?) BikeE CT RoadE edition, 2007 (?) Dahon Speed D7, 2003 (?) Specialized Globe Sport, 1969 Schwinn Collegiate 5-speed, 1974 Panasonic Sport Deluxe, 1982 Peugeot P8

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked 185 Times in 79 Posts
Originally Posted by wrk101
Your weight guesses are just that, guesses. I would expect the Panasonic and Peugeot to weigh more than those guesses.
Fair enough, though the Panasonic Sport Deluxe (basically the same thing as the original Schwinn LeTour) is 30-32 lbs with steel rims and this has at least one aluminum rim, which should save some weight (maybe 2 lbs?). The Peugeot P8 is 27 lbs stock for a 23" frame and mine is 21". It also has aluminum rims I think both front and rear that would further lighten it. That's why I'd guess it's 24-25 lbs.

As a practical matter, you cannot upgrade either to match what you are getting with the Paramount, due to frame tubing. You also have the advantage of 700c wheels versus 27 inches, dual pivot brakes, better derailleurs, indexed shifting.
Yeah, honestly one of my main reasons for being interested was the 700c wheels, after the frame tubing. The brakes and derailleurs would also be big upgrades. I didn't realize the Paramount had indexed shifting - nice.

On gearing, there are plenty of gear calculators on the web that can guide you.
Nice! I will take a look.

Something wrong with the FD shift lever. There is a stop built in to the lever that prevents that position. So its either broken or mis-installed, not end of the world.[/QUOTE]