View Single Post
Old 05-31-11, 10:14 AM
edawggg

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DrPete
Not always. Most of the pain in ITBS is not in the muscle, but rather a focal inflammation of the IT band right where it rubs over the lateral part of the femur. But like I said, still worth getting it looked at. The likelihood that it's something else is a little higher also, now that you mention that you'd been hitting the weights hard all winter.

And yes, there's plenty of potential harm in seeking medical advice on the internet, but I won't bore you with any of those stories.

Also--and this isn't really a true medical recommendation because I don't have any real evidence to back the claim--I really, really like Hammer Nutrition's Tissue Rejuvenator. It's basically a formulation of glucosamine, chondroitin, MSM, and a smattering of herbs that are purported to have anti-inflammatory properties. After a bout of ITBS during my marathon training last year and a super-fast recovery I'm sold on the stuff. Seems to get me off the NSAIDs quicker if I do have an injury. I have no definitive proof that it works, so that's why I recommend it as a cyclist/triathlete and not as a doctor, but certainly nothing in it is going to hurt you.
the pain is directly on the right side of my right knee. i can feel a tight little tendon or muscle or something and that is what hurts. ive been rolling around on my roller all up and down the thigh and no pain, soreness or tightness.

i hope the pain is just from improper fit