View Single Post
Old 06-28-21, 11:31 AM
datlas 
Should Be More Popular

Bikes: 1986 Alpine (steel road bike), 2009 Ti Habenero, 2013 Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 560 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22600 Post(s)
Liked 8,927 Times in 4,160 Posts
Originally Posted by genejockey
First day at work of no mask requirement for the vaccinated, which is everyone here. Feels really strange, sitting in my office with the door open and no mask. I've had the door closed, per policy, for the last year. I'll have to remember I can no longer fart loudly with impunity.

The Older Boy and I went to Safeway the other night. After a couple minutes he took off his mask. He pointed out that almost nobody was wearing a mask. I looked at the signage by the door, and it said, "Unvaccinated Customers Must Wear Masks", which logically means vaccinated customers aren't required to do so. So I took mine off, too, so I didn't stand out. (This is something we introverts worry about) The whole experience felt really strange.

Went to Safeway last night with Mrs. GeneJockey. She insisted on wearing her mask regardless, so I put mine on, too. This time, almost every customer was masked. Go figure.
I still wear a mask at Home Depot/Walmart/Wegmans. My county has a daily case rate of less than 2 per 100k people (and possibly the highest vaccination rate anywhere) so probably safe to pitch the mask there too. But I don’t feel quite ready yet.