Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3889 Post(s)
Liked 1,938 Times in 1,383 Posts
Originally Posted by jonathanf2
On one particular hill I've done on group rides, there are two ways going up. The first road to the top has less curves and a steep straight incline at the end where I can punch it up OOS. This is the hill I'm fastest on and I usually reach the top first. The second climb from the back road has multiple switchbacks which seem better suited when seated on the saddle since the road curves don't allow for adequate sprint climbs. This hill I usually get passed on, though I still manage to keep up with the front pack. Also the "gravel" in my area is more like dirt climbs

I definitely wonder if it's a technique issue for me? Though I do have a bad habit of always going all out on the group rides. I'll go for ride tomorrow and see if changing my pedaling technique might help. I'll also adjust my saddle and see if that will help.
While you understand that it takes time and training for a different pedaling technique to become more efficient for you, I think it is possible to see possibilities in short tests..