View Single Post
Old 12-20-22, 07:29 AM
Jsosborn

Bikes: Specialized Turbo Vado 5.0 SL; Specialized Creo SL EVO Carbon; Brompton M6L; Rad Runner 5, Cannondale Quick Neo, Giant beater

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 6 Posts
Re: Easier to store and transport

Originally Posted by veganbikes
Wait what? Easier to store and transport? Not at all, my Ti road bike is 50lbs lighter than my e-bike and way easier to transport. Granted I do have two batteries on mine but still the only thing I have seen close to being similar to my road bike is the Specialized Creo and those are still heavier and harder to transport. Electric batteries unless under a certain WH cannot go certain ways like on airplanes (which doesn't bother me) and e-bike generally can't go on a lot of car racks because of the per bike weight limits.

I can agree with the rest of it but not easier to transport or store. Most of my bikes can go on the hanging rack, my e-bike cannot even if I went to the trouble of removing the fenders each time I would still have to lift it up onto the rack and that is a lot of work and my back don't like it, jack. Granted yes I store mine on its kickstand so I just roll it in but then I have to turn it back around to roll it out so it is always a bit more faff.
I have to agree. My Specialized Creo SL and Vado 5.0 SL and just over and just under 30 lbs, which is what most of my acoustic bikes weigh. They are just as easy to store and transport, and once I accept trains rather than airplanes to take them on trips, it's even easier. I did this 6 weeks last year, and expect about 6 weeks this year of combining Amtrak and biketouring.
Likes For Jsosborn: