Old 03-12-06, 01:25 PM
tgbikes
tgbikes

Bikes: Volpe,Eros, Voyageur, LHT, Ochsner

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I thought you would never ask. I,m almost aways disapointed with the bike fit threds. Information gushes across the screan, usualy with no point of referance. the way any bike fits is dependant on what is to fit it. Now in my 60th.year i,v only been riding for about 15 yrs. this includes a cost to cost and Golf to The Canadian border. Most of the riding has been 1 or 2 weeks at a time, so I,v had several opertunities to correct bike fit. I have size 13 feet, my arms spred to 6 in. more than my hight, and a short torso. these are the important things that make bike fit a nightmare. perticularly if you follow the ritings of one guru , who never tells you his personal dementions, There seems to be an abundants of cries for long and high stems while this may be wondreful advice for people with long torsoes and short arms, but not for me.
the conventional thinking is that a person with a short torso does best with a short top tube, however with #13 shoes and 175 crank arms a longer top tub than is found on most of the bikes from the golden age. it seems that most of the 23 in. bikes from that period have 56 57 top tubes this gets me about .75 in of toe overlap. My long arms are stored between my sholders and the handle bar,s this is done by puting the bars about 60 mm below the seat/at level. one thing I notis with the barhight is that on a short ride on the bike trail, when going down and underpas the pressure increses on the top of the hood while on the slight clime up the other side I feel my middle finger pulling on the bottum of the hood, I think this sistum workes for me with my long arms. Posaly having your self fit for a sut of cloths may give you a foundation for what you deed in a bike, IF you ask hoe the masurments compar to most people, when I find a long sleve shurt that fits my armes it is in the big and tall shop and has a tale down to may knees Ge I feel better now but I stil cant spell Have a good ride
Likes For tgbikes: