View Single Post
Old 11-23-21, 08:03 PM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7652 Post(s)
Liked 3,473 Times in 1,834 Posts
Originally Posted by Moisture
Of course! So far the bike feels really well set up for me, but I do need to take a quick break every 20-30 min or so because it can be pretty hard on my back.
Holy freaking slab of granite, Batman .... thick as a brick?

Dude .... "really well set up" means you can ride for hours with NO pain. If I couldn't ride for 20 minutes without needing a break I would sell the bike, or burn it----or FIX IT, because your set-up sucks.

Seriously ... everybody says "It works for me" and it is hard to tell, because we all have different bodies, and what "works" is really defined by the rider being able to ride comfortably.

Your Bike Does Not Fit. Forget all the crap about your specific proportions and all that ... the prime determinant of "good set-up" is that the bike is not painful to ride.

Yeah, some set-ups sacrifice a bit of comfort for aero, and some sacrifice a bit of power output for comfort .... but if you cannot ride 20 minutes without having to stop because it hurts, YOU HAVE IT TOTALLY WRONG.

Sorry for the excessive all-caps, but come on .... how can you believe "good set-up" means you can only ride a few miles? Do you think the bike racers doing 150-mile races stop every half an hour? Do you think the people on BF who post about their metric or mile centuries are riding 20 minutes at a time?

I am an old fat fool with weak legs and no stamina, and I can ride for an hour before my back acts up .... and when I rode more often, I could ride several hours with no pain. I just stand up every now and then to get blood flow to the various parts, and shake out my hands now and then---because my legs aren't strong enough, yet. But even now, as unfit as I am, I wouldn't feel my back for an hour, and could probably do 90 minutes before it really started to hurt, and two hours before I would take a five- or ten-minute break.

Your Bike Set-Up Is Crap. Straight up.

Dude think about it .... would you wear a pair of shoes that hurt so much that after half an hour you had to take them off? And would try to tell people "No, they fit fine". Yeah, just not on your feet, maybe ....

I have been trying to be sympathetic towards you, but if you really think bikes are "really well set up" when you can't ride them for half an hour without so much pain you have to stop ....

Either you are completely self-deluding or you are a total troll. There is no way a rational, thoughtful person could say, "the bike feels really well set up for me, but I do need to take a quick break every 20-30 min or so because it can be pretty hard on my back."

Either use the intellect you obviously have and process that statement rationally ... or I will know I got hooked by a troll and will leave you to fool others.

That is the most over-the-top trolling I have ever seen. I am ashamed to have gotten hooked.
Likes For Maelochs: