Old 07-17-16, 03:00 PM
Happy Feet

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2236 Post(s)
Liked 1,314 Times in 707 Posts
Actually, the main definition regarding bi-cycles that I have found is: two wheels, handlebars, pedals and a saddle; which leaves recumbents and trikes out. Funny how your definition misses some inconvenient points as far as these forums go. E bikes have two wheels, handlebars, pedals and a saddle. Oops, haven't found a dictionary definition that excludes E assist yet.

But, I guess, if you believe bike touring is a contest as you do, then E bikes may pose some sort of threat. Most people I talk to don't think it's a contest at all (in fact it's almost anti competitive) so what people tour on isn't a big deal. It's the tour that counts.

"and then someone inevitably pops up with sob stories about how they had some medical ailment or other and this contraption allowed them to keep..."

First you are brow beaten by peoples disabilities and now you have to suffer through their sob stories - but yeah, take the high road and keep it polite eh

I'll give you a little tip. When you talk like that around most decent people who know someone with lives with a disability you're the one who sounds like they have a sob story.

But the funniest thing of all is how you lament the fact that you think some are not allowed to express their views fully in this thread while, if someone wanted to discuss E bike touring on your website you would not allow it at all. Wow, You just can't win can you.

You are trying to sound reasonable but it's pretty easy to see how you really just want to keep your little club the way it is and not let anyone else play. You even set up your own playground so you could control the game. Maybe this site will be a little more inclusive than yours.

Last edited by Happy Feet; 07-17-16 at 03:26 PM.