Thread: 2020 Randonnees
View Single Post
Old 04-13-20, 12:10 PM
antimonysarah

Bikes: Nishiki Bel-Air, Brompton P6L, Seven Resolute SLX, Co-motion Divide, Xtracycle RFA

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 33 Posts
Originally Posted by unterhausen
I was trying to figure out how to join the "randonneurs who zwift" without facebook, and it doesn't look that easy. They are doing a couple of rides per day. If you are on FB, search for that and ask to join the group. Or PM me here.
I'm in it, so I can relay instructions/help as well. The thing is that right now, Zwift doesn't have club support (though they're working on it and have said as much), so the meetups are being coordinated by individuals posting and then inviting people to a personal meetup, so you have to have the organizers list you as a friend and invite you. And the initial organizer preferred facebook, so FB it was.

I wasn't on zwift before this, but was able to get my exercise bike to talk to it, so I've been going to the saturday meetups and having fun. (And my exercise bike is the only one with a power meter, so while it's a dumb bike -- no incline control -- it does reflect real power. Which means I can lose D races honestly. Hah.) It starts to become uncomfortable around the 2-hour mark, though, so I'm not planning any rando-length rides there. Plus, I can get more accomplished doing intervals indoors in a short period.
Likes For antimonysarah: