View Single Post
Old 12-12-21, 02:10 PM
yannisg

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked 25 Times in 22 Posts
[QUOTE=Skullo;22335000]Not enough data to give a real report yet.I have only used three days , two grams twice and one gram today.
I felt a little tired today and my numbers were a little lower.I think this was because I have ridden the trainer pretty hard
seven days in a row.I will rest a day.
I use the Nutricost brand and its cheaper from amazon and if you have prime no additional shipping.
I was browsing the latest "how much protein" thread and saw something at a link that said people with a history
of kidney stones should be careful with calcium supplements.There are 140 mg of calcium per gram of HMB.

For what's worth (from a previous post)
I was taking a high quality protein after my rides and gym workout (about 50 gr) a shot. After taking these doses of protein powder I ended up with a kidney stone that need a operation to be removed. Simple operation, but a lot of pain prior to the removal. It could be just a coincidence, but after discussing this with the urologist he mentioned that is quite likely that the protein powder could have an ingredient that would cause a kidney stone.
Since then I'm reluctant to using protein powder, and rely on protein from my diet.
The urologist who removed the stone mentioned that is was most likely from uric acid. These stones seem to be like sea urchins and grab onto the urinary track, and don't slide down easily.
So I am reluctant at this moment in using HMB.