Old 12-13-21, 09:08 PM
Skullo 
Master of the Universe

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked 104 Times in 53 Posts
Originally Posted by Carbonfiberboy
Stone production is complicated and also rare in healthy individuals. After a couple hours with the google, the most authoritative piece I found on it is here: https://www.kidney.org/atoz/content/...stones_prevent

I've been eating a Med diet for 50 years and using whey protein daily since ~1998 with no problems. For the past several years I've been supplementing with calcium citrate in the morning and magnesium citrate in the evening. Citrate is an effective preventative for the uric acid type of kidney stone. As the above article says, don't be afraid of calcium. It's good for you. I take 650mg of calcium citrate before every sweaty workout and 200mg magnesium glycinate after.
Thanks for the link very interesting stuff. I had been to that kidney site last week but did not see this.
A question, do you have a recent blood calcium test? I just reviewed mine from two months ago and it is at 10.0.It has been creeping up from 9.5 to 9.9 and now 10.0. 10.5 is the high end of normal I read
.My GP wants me to do the bone density , DEXA scan to get a baseline.He never mentioned my calcium level.I have been balking at going inside medical facilities for anything.I will probably do the bone scan In February.Maybe I will do a video appointment about calcium supplements. My uneducated interpretation of the blood test tells me I have enough and sure don't know if this HMB will raise it to an unhealthy level.