Old 09-29-22, 02:26 PM
bbbean 

Bikes: Giant Propel, Cannondale SuperX, Univega Alpina Ultima

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 672 Post(s)
Liked 417 Times in 249 Posts
Originally Posted by travelinhobo
those of you who at some point bought one and now video your rides... Did you notice any difference in how drivers responded to you? Any less stress/anger with it for you?
I've been running cameras on my bikes for 3 years. As I expected, it makes absolutely zero difference in driver behavior. How could it? All they see is some guy on a bike. They certainly can't see whether I have a camera, and they don't have time to consider the implications.

I do, however, have great video of things I've seen on my rides, I've documented a handful of dangerous dogs and drivers, and I get great video from my races to share with other racers. I was able to share video witha friend who crashed and didn't understand why, and it helped him figure out what went wrong.

Crux of the matter - in the event of an accident, a camera MAY capture some useful information. It won't make drivers, dogs, other cyclists, or road hazards any safer. It WILL absolutely capture some cool things going on that you otherwise might not have seen.

Formerly fastest rider in the grupetto, currently slowest guy in the peloton

Last edited by bbbean; 09-29-22 at 02:36 PM.
Likes For bbbean: