Thread: Chamois creame?
View Single Post
Old 02-07-23, 09:18 AM
delbiker1 
Mother Nature's Son

Bikes: 2014 Orbea Avant MD30, 2004 Airborne Zeppelin TI, 2003 Lemond Poprad, 2001 Lemond Tourmalet, 2014? Soma Smoothie

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 854 Post(s)
Liked 1,444 Times in 821 Posts
Three things that I have found that helps me, two of which I do not often use/ First is just regular baby powder, the second is Noxema. Most of the time I use nothing, good quality shorts that fit well work. The third thing, IME, the fit being tight eliminates the need for either of the first two. I have had shorts/tights that were really nice until they stretched a bit. Even though they did not look, or feel, like they had much wear, when becoming a bit loose they started to cause saddle sores. I believe that was from the looseness allowing them to slip around a bit, friction. The powder or cream would help. Shorts/tights, that keep the tight fit, work fine for me. There is more that comes into play than the pads. I need a saddle that narrows a good bit from where the nose starts, to the front end. Also, shallow sides work better for me. IMO, it is one of those things that take trial and error to get it right.