View Single Post
Old 01-22-23, 07:41 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4405 Post(s)
Liked 4,044 Times in 2,699 Posts
Your problem sjanzeir is you weren't clear in what information you wanted and are now increasingly getting unfair to people because you weren't clear. If you ask a hugely open question you will get a lot of various answers some of them quite helpful for the open endedness of the question. If you get specific people can then provide better answers.

SRAM Eagle is for anyone who wants a SRAM mountain bike group with a nice wide range. It is designed to shift 12 gears unlike other groupsets that don't. And no I am not being sarcastic here. What do you really want to know? Are you not down with 12 speed or don't like SRAM or something else maybe or are you really not sure about SRAM?

Personally I am normally a Shimano person but I do think the AXS 12 speed seems decent and with the Reverb dropper post I have a backup battery in case I need it. I would probably run Zirbel shifters and either Magura or Shimano brakes but the wireless stuff seems kinda neat. I still would probably run XT Di2 if I could.