View Single Post
Old 01-30-22, 10:30 AM
JehD

Bikes: 1981 Bertin C34 - 2020 Electra Cruiser 7D - 2021 Mongoose Dolomite ALX

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked 131 Times in 86 Posts
So back on topic. Personally I'm a fan of the Pedal forward design. Though not for the reason Electa gives. I find most standard cruisers to have a cramped cockpit and I like a little more of a relaxed space.

Electras big thing is the 'flat foot", but I find just like most bikes if you set the seat to get proper leg extension (I'm average height with average legs) then when Im sitting on the seat my foot is anything but flat (tip toes)/ To me though I set my bike up to ride not be stopped. I have arthritis and did have to sell my standard cruiser (Electra Cruiser 1) because I needed a few gears and I couldnt brake with my knees. I had a Moto 3i in the past and thought the 3 speed IGH just needed more gears. (5-7) and ended up with a Electra 7D. I did change the hub IIRC 14-34 to a 11-34 and have been pretty happy as it has a superlow 1-2 and then a tall 6-7.

Since the bike is pretty upright I changed the seat from the elastomer cushions (terrible for a heavier guy) to a Brooks B33 and along with some new grips and pedals its like riding a lazy boy.

My .02 I would recommend a Steel Electra to anyone, The few pounds save on the aluminum and the slightly better seat don't see to be worth the cost of admission.
Likes For JehD: