spinnaker
Every day a winding road

Bikes: 2005 Cannondale SR500, 2008 Trek 7.3 FX, Jamis Aurora

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3394 Post(s)
Liked 63 Times in 46 Posts
Originally Posted by trailangel
Yes. First pair 20 years ago... 20 bit digital Widex CIC.. wore out in about 6 years. Went years without.
Now BTE digital ReSound from Costco. Better, more power, and half the price.
I have worn them while riding. They have several programs... one of which has wind reduction, and it works until about 30mph. I have a cheap RockBros helmet that has a visor that comes down the front, otherwise when wearing regular glasses they rest right on the microphone.... sort of annoying. I'm not wearing them in the summer... too much sweat.
So you wear BTE and not RTE? RTE seem to be the most popular but I understand that BTE is better for sweaty conditions. I am very reluctant to buy from costco or walmart. My hearing is too bad for one and I am afraid if I went "cheap" I would not like the fit or the programming I did and not wear them. Do BTEs have the earbuds?

It is really bothering me now wondering how much of my hearing lose was do to cycling? I have know for years that it seemed to kick up my tinnitus after a ride but was always reluctant to wear plugs. Now they have those cat ears and I just got a pair in but wished I had done something years ago. I guess you can't go back in time.

Last edited by spinnaker; 08-16-19 at 09:36 PM.