Old 02-07-22, 04:05 PM
spinnanz

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked 95 Times in 59 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
Of course the road wouldn't be ideal for bikes or e-bikes but a moped would be excellent. You don't need shoulders when you have a throttle and higher speeds.

The video was short I haven't seen the whole path but have ridden enough that look somewhat like yours but I still wouldn't want to be going super fast, that is what the road is for. A multi use path like that is for everyone who uses their legs (or potentially arms in the case of hand cyclists or people doing cartwheels or something) to propel themselves forwards. Motorcycles and Mopeds have the roads. Plus if you attitude is such that going fast on a MUP is fine then who is to say it wouldn't become a problem on other paths or when this one is much busier or in some other case.
I'm sorry but what goes in your county isn't world wide. To say a MUP is only for person power only is not true given here we are legally allowed and encouraged to use them here, to lower traffic congestion. If its not legal in your part of the world, that's irrelevant.

My attitude is NOT that I can go fast all the time. That's clearly stated by me and even shown in the video. You are again ignorant of that in your statement that if the path was busier my speed would be a problem.

I can assure you 100% if the path was busier my speed would have posed no danger to anyone..... Because I would not have been speeding. You are clearly cherry picking what you consider to be bad (62kph) and ignoring the good (12kph past people) and picking that I speed everywhere. Why do you comment on the speed in the video but ignore the respectful passing other MUP users? You're blind or ignorant, both maybe?

Last edited by spinnanz; 02-07-22 at 04:13 PM.