View Single Post
Old 03-29-21, 07:36 AM
Koyote

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6974 Post(s)
Liked 10,975 Times in 4,695 Posts
Originally Posted by burnthesheep

Also, my only interaction with a motor vehicle while in France was climbing something in Alsace where the car slowed and they egged me on to give it some more effort. Not satisfied until I was out of the saddle headed up as they pulled away slapping the sides of the car yelling allez. About the most stereotypical positive cycling experience you could have.
I've probably had even more positive interactions (like yours) than negative. Just the other day, while riding one of my regular routes, I passed some road construction about ten miles from my home. A pickup had stopped for the construction, and the driver leaned out his window and said "You're making good time! I passed you on the hill coming out of town." We had a nice chat for a few moments. And now, if I have a breakdown out there, and this guy drives by, I'd bet twenty bucks that he'll offer me a ride home.

I've also had motorists cheer me on while climbing, had plenty of people stop to offer help while I am fixing punctured tires, and made some friends out in farm country when I've stopped to ask some question about farming, or maple sap collection, or whatever.

On a couple occasions, people have given me (and my bike) rides home after major mechanicals or (once I can recall) a nasty crash. Most people are actually pretty nice.

Last edited by cb400bill; 03-30-21 at 02:21 AM.
Likes For Koyote: