Old 11-18-21, 05:13 PM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7652 Post(s)
Liked 3,478 Times in 1,836 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
AutoZone has to be shaking in its boots if a store is liable for how someone uses an item purchased from them.
Yeah, try getting Any major tire place to put a used tire on a rim. They will not---because if anything goes wrong, they might be liable.

I got trapped in a small town in Georgia on a Sunday, limping around on a tire with bubbles bigger than my fist, going from place to place and no one would put a tire I had---new, but had been mounted on another rim (chrome rim which leaked) on the rim on the car.

I finally found an independent place that just happened to be open ... sheer luck on a Sunday in the Bible Belt---and paid cash to have the job done ... pretty sure the owner never saw any of that, and I don't care. I could have been forced to spend the night in my car in Nowheresville, then call Monday to have a tire delivered to a shop (it is an odd size which few stores stock) which might have shown up Wednesday--another couple nights in my car, trying to tell my wife and my job why I was in Nowheresville---and then finally, after paying five times what it was worth, get the tire on the wheel on the car so I could drive home.

Yeah .... Autozone and every other major autoparts retailer does have some rules about putting what kind of stuff on what part of your car--because of liability. If they sell you something and You put it on .... no stress for them, they can blame your shoddy installation.

You can buy an Autozone water pump, take it home, and beat your neighbor to death with it .... that is cool .... with Autozone. "Not intended use .... "