Old 11-21-21, 06:39 PM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7652 Post(s)
Liked 3,478 Times in 1,836 Posts
Originally Posted by Miele Man
So, what happens if a person has a bike that they want to replace a component on but can't get the bike to the co-op?

There's a co-op an hour plus bus ride from me. It used to be a great place to go for parts. now most everything is kept in a locked room. Want a rear derailleur? You have to wait until you can get someone to unlock the door and bring you the box with rear derailleurs. Want a matching front derailleur or shifter? Again you have to wait for a person to be free to unlock the door again and then they bring you a box of front derailleurs or shifters but not both and only after they take the box of rear derailleurs with them. Extremely inefficient.

Cheers
Right .... but now ask the question, "Why are they doing it this way?" Is it because people would come in a take parts they didn't need and sell them on EBay? Is it because people with plenty of money were taking decent parts for free when they could buy parts and leave the used stuff to poor people who were struggling just to keep a bike on the road to get to work? I don't know .... maybe the owners of the coop just turned into giant richard-heads .... but I think more likely some bad stuff must have been happening over a span of time to make them change policies.

But I don't know.