View Single Post
Old 11-15-22, 01:26 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by rydabent
One solution is to put speed limits on MUPs, AND INFORCE THEM!!!! Cyclist are always screaming for cars to "share the road" they need to "share the MUP"!! MUPS should not be training routes for racers. They are for the use of everyone from little Susie on her side walk bike, old people with walkers, dog walkers and bikes. I for one try to limit my speed on the MUPs to 15MPH. And that includes my E-trike.

My favorite MUP has great sight lines, so I can go from 22 mph to safe little Susie passing speed in plenty of time to keep everyone comfortable. The interaction with the family as I pass is usually a pleasant exchange and sometimes the highlight of a ride. One time, I had to come to a full stop when a kid actusally rode for the first time without training wheels, much to the delight of his parents. They turned to me and apologized for having to stop, and I said "are you kidding? It was an honor to see that."

BTW, I think it's hilarious that Mr. "Government b'crats wanting to take your money" guy is proposing enforced speed limits on bike paths. You realize that means imposing fines, right?